Bergamot is an amazing oil its one of my favorites! It is a citrus fruit and the rind is cold pressed to extract the oil. It is a very uplifting oil and is an amazing tool to help with stress and emotional balance. A study published in 2011 stated that the components of bergamot oil, like alpha-pinene and limonene, are antidepressant and stimulating in nature. By improving the circulation of the blood, they generate a feeling of freshness, joy, and energy when you are feeling run down or stressed. I love the smell of bergamot and it is used in a lot of perfume as a top-note. The great thing about Bergamot is that it blends well with pretty much everything.
Neurotonic, Anti-inflammatory, Antidepressant, Antibacterial, Antifungal, and a Digestive aid.
Blend well with:
Pretty much anything but here is a short list. Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Patchouli, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Cypress, and Jasmine.
- Diffuse before sleep to help with insomnia.
- Apply diluted to bottom of feet and back of neck for stress relief.
- Apply diluted to affected areas to help with joint issues, muscle cramps, fungal issues, acne, oily skin, eczema, psoriasis, or addictions.
- Breathe to help with emotional balance and to battle feelings of worthlessness.
- Breathe or take in a capsule to help with appetite loss.
- Apply diluted to the chest to help with coughs, infections, and bronchitis.
- Diffuse while cleaning for energy and a fresh scent.
- Put a few drops in the bottom of a trashcan to help with stinky smells.
Want some oil to try for yourself? Use this link to go straight to doTERRA’s website. Have questions? Feel free to contact me at any time!
Use this link and under “enroller” my name should come up if not enter 6397713.